If you are not a fan of mushrooms, substitute them with baked/dried tofu. Links below.
1/2 bunch of asparagus, 6 to 8 spears
half red bell pepper, cut into bite sizes
Vegetable oil (corn, peanut, canola)
3 oz round mushrooms, slice into bite sizes
Light soy sauce/seasoning soy sauce
White pepper powder
1. Rinse asparagus and trim the tough ends. Cut them diagonally into 1/8 - 1/4 inch pieces.
2. Blanch asparagus in boiling water for 3o seconds. Shock asparagus. Submerge it in an ice bath. Then drain and pat dry.
3. Heat 3 tbsp vegetable oil in a large pan over high heat.
4. When the oil is hot, stir-fry mushrooms for 1 to 2 minutes or until they are tender.
5. Add asparagus to the same pan. Add 1 tsp of Shaoxing cooking wine and stir fry for 30 seconds.
6. Add bell pepper to the pan. Then add 2 tsp of soy sauce, 1/8 to 1/4 tsp salt to taste. Stir well.
7. Add 1/8 tsp of white pepper powder and drizzle some sesame oil (1/2 tsp). Stir well.
Serve hot and enjoy!