Updated: Jul 27
I would like to share a recipe for a tasty and effortless homestyle stir-fry with pork and peppers. The pepper's freshness and well-balanced sauce flavor make this a perfect summer dish.
PEPPER AND PORK STIR FRY RECIPE
10 oz pork (tenderloin or loin)
1 medium-sized green bell pepper
2 cloves of garlic
1 Tbsp of finely chopped ginger
Vegetable oil (canola, corn, peanut, soybean)
Light soy sauce
Dark soy sauce (optional)
White pepper powder
Shaoxing cooking wine or other rice wine
1. Freeze pork for 20 minutes before cutting. Cut pork into thin slices, then julienne them.
2. Rinse the pork in water to remove blood and let the meat absorb moisture. Squeeze out excessive water.
3. Add 1/3 tsp salt, 1/3 tsp white pepper powder, 1 tsp light soy sauce, and 1/2 tsp dark soy sauce. Stir well. Dark soy sauce is optional. It adds a more appetizing color to the meat and rich flavor.
4. Add 1 Tbsp Shaoxing cooking wine and 1 Tbsp cornstarch. Mix well. Add 1 Tbsp of vegetable oil to help separate the meat when stir-frying. Marinate meat for 15 minutes.
5. Remove seeds and cut green pepper into thin strips.
6. Finely chop or thinly slice 2 cloves of garlic. Prepare 1 Tbsp of finely chopped ginger.
7. Heat 4 Tbsp of vegetable oil in a wok or a large skillet. When the oil starts smoking, add pork to the wok. Over high heat, stir and fold the pork until cooked. 1 to 2 minutes in a wok or a cast iron skillet. 2 to 3 minutes in a non-stick pan. Remove the pork from the wok and set it aside.
8. Add ginger and garlic to the remaining oil in the wok. Stir aromatics over medium heat until you can smell the fragrance. Add green peppers and stir fry until it's slightly wilted.
9. Add pork and toss a few times. Add 1/2 tsp salt, 2 tsp light soy sauce and 1/3 tsp sugar. Mix well.
10. Serve hot. Enjoy!
This is a perfect summer dish that goes well with rice or noodles. I'm using bell pepper, and other mild-flavored peppers like Italian sweet pepper, shishito pepper, and slightly spicy Chinese tiger skin pepper work well too.
If you like this recipe, feel free to share the link to this page with your friends.
Check out more summer recipes.